Head of Compliance Monitoring, Leeds, to £65,000 + Benefits
Are you a motivational leader with experience of developing and supporting teams through transformational and regulatory change? Are you passionate about implementing and developing Compliance Monitoring Frameworks within the Consumer Finance Sector? If you’re looking for an opportunity to shape an evolving Compliance Monitoring team and a rewarding career in a friendly, people centric business, then we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Shelby Finance is a subsidiary of Morses Club PLC, who is a leading UK wide consumer finance business whose customers are at the heart of its development and diversification strategy. Shelby Finance encapsulates our online diversification strategy and is home to our successful brand Dot Dot loans. With strong investor backing, there is no better time to join us and become part of our success!
We’re looking for an experienced Compliance Monitoring professional to join our team based in Leeds - As Head of Compliance Monitoring you will develop and document the Compliance Monitoring Framework for Shelby Finance and play a key role in the enhancement, development and management of our Compliance function.
Reporting into the Compliance Director of Shelby Finance, the role will suit someone looking for a high-profile position, with personal accountability and a real opportunity to help shape the regulatory environment and culture for a developing business.
- You’ll receive a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including; Pension up to 7% matching contribution; 28 days annual holiday, increasing to 31 days after 2 years’ service and 33 days after 5 years’ service inclusive of bank holidays, option to buy holidays, travel loans, cycle to work scheme, regular incentives.
About the Role
As our new Head of Compliance Monitoring, you will act as a subject matter expert on all monitoring queries, promoting a culture of compliance across the firms’ strategic business units. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and document the Compliance Monitoring Framework
- Act as line manager for Compliance Monitoring Officers
- Carry out relevant reviews to deliver the compliance monitoring and testing outputs agreed in the annual compliance risk monitoring plan
- Conduct routine outcomes testing of high-risk activities and associated line 1 controls
- Carry out ad-hoc investigations as required, completing root cause analysis to identify any possible systemic issues.
- Work with Head of Policy and Advice on projects to advise on post implementation monitoring requirements
- Ensure adequate records are maintained for all monitoring carried out the business and that actions are followed through and tested
- Ensure that all external audits are retained and appropriate management response and actions are taken
- Support the Compliance Director in all duties as required
You will have previous experience gained within a similar FCA regulated environment, with proven experience of setting up and delivering 2nd line Compliance Monitoring frameworks. We’re interested in hearing from candidates with:
- An understanding of the UK regulatory regime and rules applicable to the Consumer Finance sector (CONC),
- Knowledge of the FCA requirements and regulatory framework
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills.
- Excellent planning, organising and prioritisation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills.
We pride ourselves on our friendly and personal service, and we’re very proud that we consistently achieve high customer satisfaction scores of 95% or above. With future scope for career progression along with ongoing training and support, Shelby Finance Limited is the place to be to develop an exciting and rewarding career. Click apply today!