Senior Compliance Monitoring Officer, Leeds c£45,000
Are you a diligent and experienced Compliance Monitoring Officer? Do you have a history of developing your Compliance skills within the Consumer Finance Sector? Are you passionate about delivering 2nd line monitoring within FCA regulated environments? If you’re looking for a fulfilling and rewarding career in a friendly people centric business, then we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Shelby Finance is a subsidiary of Morses Club PLC, who is a leading UK wide consumer finance business whose customers are at the heart of its development and diversification strategy. Shelby Finance encapsulates our online diversification strategy and is home to our successful brand Dot Dot loans. With strong investor backing, there is no better time to join us and become part of our success!
We’re looking for a Compliance Monitoring Officer to join our team based in Leeds – As Compliance Monitoring Officer you will work closely with the Compliance Director to deliver the compliance monitoring testing outputs in the annual compliance risk monitoring plan.
This is a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate your compliance monitoring skills and will suit someone looking for a position with plenty of accountability and a real opportunity to help shape the regulatory environment and culture for a developing business.
- You’ll receive a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including; Pension up to 7% matching contribution; 28 days annual holiday, increasing to 31 days after 2 years’ service and 33 days after 5 years’ service inclusive of bank holidays, option to buy holidays, travel loans, cycle to work scheme, regular incentives and more!
About the Role
As a Compliance Monitoring Officer, you will act as a subject matter expert to the business on all monitoring related queries, encouraging a culture of compliance across the firms’ strategic business units. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Carry out relevant reviews to deliver the compliance monitoring and testing outputs
- Conduct routine outcomes testing of high risk activities and associated line 1 controls
- Carry out ad-hoc investigations as required, completing root cause analysis to identify any possible systemic issues.
- Work with other team members on projects to advise on post implementation monitoring requirements
- Ensure adequate records are maintained for all monitoring carried out the business and that actions are followed through and tested.
- Maintain action tracking log and work with key stakeholders to bring actions to conclusion.
- Ensure that all external audits are retained and that appropriate management response and actions are taken in a timely manner
- Work with the Compliance Director to produce a risk based annual compliance plan
- Train other team members to undertake monitoring activities as and when required
You will have previous experience gained within a similar financial services regulated environment, with proven experience of compliance monitoring activities. We’re interested in hearing from candidates with:
- An understanding of the UK regulatory regime and rules applicable to the Consumer Finance sector (CONC),
- Knowledge of the FCA requirements and regulatory framework
- Experience of setting up and delivering 2nd line Compliance Monitoring frameworks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills.
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills.
We pride ourselves on our friendly and personal service, and we’re very proud that we consistently achieve high customer satisfaction scores of 95% or above. With future scope for career progression along with ongoing training and support, Shelby Finance Limited is the place to be to develop an exciting and rewarding career. Click apply today!