Compliance Officer – Field Based - London, South East and South West, £25,000 + company car
Are you looking for an exciting move in to the compliance arena? Do you have experience of business assurance or quality assurance activities? Are you looking for a rewarding career within an established Risk and Compliance team within a growing, UK wide AIM’s listed, people centric Consumer Finance business? If yes, then this could be the role you’re looking for!
Morses Club is a growing, continually developing and progressive UK wide consumer finance business. We put our customers at the heart of our development and diversification strategy, and with strong investor backing and ongoing growth, there is no better time to join us and become part of our success!
We are looking for a Compliance Officer to act as a pre-regulator and provide risk assurance to the business. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career and become an expert in the field of compliance – join us and we will support you to build your technical and soft skills as well as your understanding within the compliance and business environment.
About the team
We are a Risk and Compliance function, committed to promoting a compliance culture that adheres to regulatory standards, codes and principles. We have developed, re-shaped and grown as a function, providing opportunities for our people to develop, and we are committed to our responsibilities of applying compliance standards and embedding a culture of compliance and doing the right thing.
- You will receive a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including; company car; mobile phone, laptop, Life Assurance (4X salary); Health Cash Plan; Pension up to 7% matching contribution; 25 days holiday
- Our Compliance Officers are accredited within their specialism; you’ll undertake an ICA qualification (International Compliance Association), and we will provide the training needed to align to best practices.
- You will be joining a team which works closely with all business functions, with a proven track record of leading Risk and Compliance strategies whilst enabling effective change.
About the Role
As a Compliance Officer you will encourage a positive risk and compliance culture within the business through building strong and influential working relationships with stakeholders at all levels. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Undertake compliance monitoring activities via field/ desk based activities, including customer outcomes, agent/manager competency assessment and assurance testing of oversight controls and activities being performed.
- Complete Financial Crime, and Incident Management investigations and assist stakeholders such as Operations and HR with conduct risk investigations
- Accompany field teams as they go about their business to assess compliance & competency with policy/procedure and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare data for visits and compile factual investigatory reports.
To ensure that we continue to continually evolve as a business, you will also recommend changes to approach and areas of review as business processes and recommend and agree local/business mitigation plans.
You will have experience gained within a regulated environment, with proven experience within a similar compliance role or experience of compliance monitoring activities. We’re interested in hearing from candidates with:
- knowledge of the FCA requirements and regulatory framework
- knowledge of fraud prevention/ detection techniques and /or experience of operational fraud investigations
- previous experience of 1st line assurance activities.
- Pragmatic approach with excellent interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, attention to detail and analytical skills
You will need to have the facility to work from home and be comfortable with frequent travel.
About Morses Club
Morses Club is authorised by the FCA and the 2nd largest UK Home Collected Credit provider. We operate under an established brand, enjoy a loyal customer base and are on an exciting transformational journey to broaden our offering and ensure that our service is underpinned by industry-leading technology.
At Morses Club PLC we pride ourselves on our friendly and personal service, and we’re very proud that we consistently achieve high customer satisfaction scores of 95% or above. With future scope for career progression along with ongoing training and support, Morses Club PLC is the place to be to develop an exciting and rewarding career. Why not click apply today!