- Job title
Field Compliance Officer, £24,000 pa + Company Car London
Are you a passionate professional with experience of business assurance or quality assurance activities? Are you looking for an exciting move in to the compliance arena? Do you want to be part of our Risk and Compliance team within a growing UK wide AIM’s listed, people centric Consumer Finance business? If yes, then this could be the role you’re looking for!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Compliance Officer to undertake field based business assurance work via compliance monitoring and also undertaking financial crime investigation activities. You will work as part of a supportive team to improve compliance within the business.
About the Role
- Reporting into the Compliance Manager, you will encourage a positive risk and compliance culture within the business
- You will undertake compliance monitoring activities in adherence to policies, procedures and regulatory requirements via field/ desk based activities covering London and the South East.
- You will complete Financial Crime and Conduct Risk proactive and re-active investigations into Suspicious Activity Reports/ Fraud referrals, complete a thematic and/or risk reviews as directed
- You will provide assistance in ad hoc investigations, initiatives, incident management and projects as directed.
- Where applicable you will accompany field teams as they go about their business to assess compliance & competency with policy/procedure and regulatory requirements.
- You will prepare data for visits and compile factual investigatory reports
- You will recommend changes to approach and areas of review as business processes and recommend and agree local/business mitigation plans.
What’s in it for you?
- You will receive a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including; company car; mobile phone, laptop, Life Assurance (4X salary); Health Cash Plan; Pension up to 7% matching contribution; 25 days holiday; regular incentives and more!
- Our Compliance Officers are accredited within their specialism; you’ll undertake an ICA qualification (International Compliance Association), and we will provide the training needed to align to best practices.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your career, and we will help support you to build your technical and soft skills and competence and understanding within the compliance and business environment.
- You will be joining a company/team that is committed to its responsibilities of applying compliance standards and a culture of embedding compliance and doing the right thing.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an individual who has experience gained within a regulated environment, with proven experience within a similar compliance role or quality / business assurance monitoring activities, including customer interactions.
Having a basic knowledge/experience of the FCA requirements and regulatory framework, and fraud prevention/ detection techniques is preferred but not a requirement as full training will be provided. We find the following transferrable skills greatly benefit a Compliance Officer; interpersonal, communication and critical thinking, conflict management and attention to detail
You will need to have the facility to work from home and be comfortable with frequent travel and overnight stays.
A little bit about us at Morses Club
We are authorised by the FCA, and the 2nd largest home collected credit provider in the UK. Our expertise is based on over 130 years’ of experience within our sector, and we pride ourselves on our friendly and personal service. We are dedicated to providing our customers with an excellent service and in return our people receive the support they need to develop an exciting and rewarding career.
Careers with Morses Club