Excellent opportunity for a Compliance Monitoring Officer to join a growing business undergoing significant digital diversification.
As our Compliance Monitoring Officer, you will define and maintain the Risk Management Framework and provide compliance monitoring support to our business units.
This is a brand-new role to join a department that is still very much in its infancy within Shelby Finance. With this comes significant challenge, but a real opportunity to demonstrate your compliance monitoring skills and help shape the regulatory environment and culture within our progressive business.
Shelby Finance Limited is a subsidiary of Morses Club and provides an excellent range of credit options to customers across the UK via a state-of-the-art digital platform. We are a forward thinking FinTech organisation that thrives on innovation: we like working with people who get excited about digital financial products and innovative technologies who want to be part of a business committed to improving and enhancing the services we offer to a growing digital consumer finance market.
About the role of our Compliance Monitoring Officer
You will work closely with the Head of Compliance to deliver the compliance monitoring testing outputs in the annual compliance risk monitoring plan and will act as a subject matter expert to the business on all monitoring related queries.
- Carry out relevant reviews to deliver the compliance monitoring and testing outputs
- Conduct routine outcomes testing of high-risk activities and associated line 1 controls
- Carry out ad-hoc investigations as required, completing root cause analysis to identify any possible systemic issues.
- Work with other team members on projects to advise on post implementation monitoring requirements
- Ensure adequate records are maintained for all monitoring carried out the business and that actions are followed through and tested.
- Maintain action tracking log and work with key stakeholders to bring actions to conclusion.
- Ensure that all external audits are retained and that appropriate management response and actions are taken in a timely manner
- Work with the Compliance Director to produce a risk based annual compliance plan
- Train other team members to undertake monitoring activities as and when required
Benefits of joining us
- You will join our Birstall (Batley) Support Centre, with free onsite parking, good motorway access, a comprehensive range of retail shops and food outlets
- You will receive a competitive salary and great incentives such pension up to 7% matching contribution, 25 days annual holiday (plus bank holidays), health cash plan, option to buy and sell holidays, travel loans, cycle to work scheme, Perkbox providing 200 perks, discounts and freebies…
- More importantly you will be part of a professional team who genuinely believe in putting the customer at the heart of everything we do!
What we’re looking for in our Compliance Monitoring Officer
- compliance monitoring experience gained within a similar financial service regulated environment.
- An understanding of the UK regulatory regime and rules applicable to the Consumer Finance sector (CONC),
- Knowledge of the FCA requirements and regulatory framework
- Experience of setting up and delivering 2nd line Compliance Monitoring frameworks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills.
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills.
If you feel you’re the right candidate for the role as our Compliance Monitoring Officer, click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!