Are you an ambitious, technically strong qualified Accountant who is Practice trained and either looking for a step into a commercial environment, or a technical manager wanting to make a step up?
As a result of company expansion, we are growing our finance team and have created an excellent opportunity for a Statutory Reporting Accountant to join us as our in-house expert on all aspects of technical and statutory accounting advice and reporting requirements across our group of companies.
Joining us at a key stage in shaping the regulatory reporting environment across our business, you’ll find a diverse role, with plenty of accountability and autonomy and a real opportunity to further your career. In addition, you’ll operate within a dynamic environment driven by a culture of doing the right thing and will be part of an AIM’s listed, continually developing, relationship-driven consumer finance provider, aiming to be the leader in the UK non-standard finance market.
Benefits of joining us
- You will join our Birstall (Batley)Support Centre, with free onsite parking, good motorway access, a comprehensive range of retail shops and food outlets
- You will receive a competitive salary, and great incentives such as company car or car allowance, annual bonus, life assurance, long service awards, health care, company share scheme, pension up to 7 % matching contribution, 25 days holiday, option to buy and sell holidays, Perkbox providing 200 perks, discounts and freebies…
- More importantly you will be part of a professional team who genuinely believe in putting the customer at the heart of everything we do!
Key responsibilities as our Statutory Reporting Accountant
As our Statutory Reporting Accountant, you will report into the Head of Finance and will have a significant level of responsibility, leading on the production of Annual Financial Statements, Regulatory reports and the delivery of all technical accounting requests. Key responsibilities include;
- Provide technical accounting advice to Finance and the wider business
- Lead on technical and statutory reporting requirements including interim and year end reporting
- Co-ordinate and manage HMRC submissions and payments for Corporation Tax and VAT
- Encourage an attitude of continuous service improvement across the finance teams
- Actively contribute to and advise on business issues, projects and new initiatives
- Ensure adequate Financial Controls are in place
- Manage external relationships with HMRC, auditors and advisors
- Ensure the business adopts the latest and most appropriate accounting standards
- Maintain the finance policies and procedures for the group
- Support the Head of Finance, FD and CFO as required with completion of projects and meet agreed deadlines
- Stay abreast of changes in regulations, guidance and best practice relevant to the role
What we’re looking for in our Statutory Reporting Accountant
- Qualified Accountant with minimum of 5 years PQE
- Previous experience of statutory and tax reporting in a large company or group
- Prioritising activities and developing realistic plans to achieve objectives within appropriate deadlines
- Understands the team’s overall priorities and assists in achievement of those goals where necessary
- Good IT skills in Office, (Word, Outlook and Power Point) with advanced Excel experience including business modelling
If you feel you’re the right candidate for the role as our Statutory Reporting Accountant, click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!