Excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to advance their career as a Junior Business Systems Analyst within a leading, continually developing and progressive UK wide consumer finance.
Joining our business at a period of significant strategic change, the role will be challenging and exciting; it will see the successful candidate working on cross-platform and cross-business projects, ranging across several subsets of the financial services sector as our business expands and continues to develop new products and services.
You might be a recent graduate or looking for an opportunity which will support you in becoming a technical expert when it comes to assessing business and its integration with technology. If you’re looking for an opportunity to develop your software development skills, and a diverse environment that builds people for their future, then look no further, Shelby Finance could be your career destination of choice!
Benefits of joining us:
You will join our Birstall (Batley)Support Centre, and will receive a competitive salary and great incentives such as ppension up to 7% matching contribution, 28 days annual holiday, increasing to 31 days after 2 years’ service and 33 days after 5 years’ service, option to buy holidays, travel loans, cycle to work scheme, Perkbox providing 200 perks, discounts and freebies…But more importantly you will be part of a professional team who genuinely believe in putting the customer at the heart of everything we do!
Key responsibilities of our Junior Business Systems Analyst
- Partners with the business to understand what drives the business, key success factors, critical needs and what is needed to make the business unit successful
- Responsible for collecting, understanding and documenting business requirements and translating these into functional and non-functional specifications
- Understand key business systems and processes in defining As Is/ To Be Processes
- Responsible for facilitating business requirements and system design sessions
- Analyses and documents business processes. Develops functional and system design specifications. Documents work flows and results of business analysis and obtains approvals as needed
- Provides end user training/demonstrations on new functionality
- Monitors outstanding Issues / software updates and helps prioritise appropriately
- Provides input to help the business better understand how technology can be used to provide efficiencies and better utilise resources
- Demonstrates ability to exercise independent judgment and the ability to take initiative and creatively solve complex problems
- Flexible to assist with the validation of functionality/issues included in a release
- Works with software developers to resolve software issues and to obtain information on system capabilities, limitations and performance requirements
- Provides ad-hoc reporting and data analysis as needed
- Helps resolve functionality and data issues as needed
- Keeps stakeholders informed on issues and the status of work planned and completed
- Co-ordinates and investigates incidents coming into the BSA team in order to achieve an appropriate resolution
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures across all business functions
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for in our Junior Business Systems Analyst
You will be an organized and methodical individual, with the ability to develop influential relationships with stakeholders, strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills. We’re interested in hearing from candidates with:
- BSCS, or related degree desirable
- Experience writing SQL desirable
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience and understanding of working with Agile methodologies desirable
- Understanding of software design and development desirable
- Understanding of, or experience in banking / financial / retail industry desirable
If you feel you’re the right candidate for the role as our Junior Business Systems Analyst, click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!