Excellent opportunity for an experienced Business Intelligence Manager to head up and drive forward the Business Intelligence function of a leading, continually developing and progressive UK wide consumer finance.
Joining our business at a period of significant strategic change, the role will be challenging and exciting; it will see the successful candidate leading the development of a data warehouse, providing leadership and direction to the Business Intelligence function and working with the leadership team to develop and define the strategy.
You will be part of a fast-moving and innovative Consumer Finance business who puts its customers at the heart of all its decisions and will have a real opportunity to refine and shape the way in which our business drives and optimises management information and credit decision making.
Benefits of joining us:
You will join our Birstall (Batley)Support Centre, and will receive a competitive salary and great incentives such as pension up to 7% matching contribution, 28 days annual holiday, increasing to 31 days after 2 years’ service and 33 days after 5 years’ service, option to buy holidays, travel loans, cycle to work scheme, Perkbox providing 200 perks, discounts and freebies…But more importantly you will be part of a professional team who genuinely believe in putting the customer at the heart of everything we do!
Key responsibilities of our Head of Business Intelligence
- Management of our Business Intelligence team and continue to build out and improve the company's data architecture, reporting and analytical capabilities
- Develop and maintain a data warehouse which brings together data from multiple systems and businesses into an environment for analytical and reporting purposes
- Lead the team of analysts responsible for the provision of management information covering a range of different business areas
- Proactively identify areas of improvement where analytics can add value and drive those forwards, balancing time, cost and quality and deploying resource as appropriate
- Support the development team where key information is required in the core system to ensure that the core systems have the required capabilities
- Ensure a control and governance process is implemented around changes to the data warehouse to ensure it is a stable environment
- Management of the BI infrastructure such as Tableau
- Develop and maintain strategic monitoring and controls to ensure that key stakeholders have visibility of key KPIS and business processes
- Stakeholder engagement – make clear and informed business cases for all proposals driven by data and analytics, highlight the benefits of changes to obtain buy-in and provide regular updates
- Understand the drivers of commercial success in the business to ensure relevant KPIs are developed
- Take ownership of data investigations and make recommendations for solutions
- Line Management - Lead, support and develop a team of analysts to drive the business forward – manage team workload and set stakeholder expectation throughout the business
- Model and ensure the day-to-day delivery of the six defined fair customer outcomes across all business functions
- Maintain awareness and ensure compliance with policies and procedures across all business functions
What we’re looking for in our Head of Business Intelligence
You will be an experienced BI Manager with the drive and ambition to take ownership and responsibility for improving business performance. You will have the ability to form and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships, the ability to execute quickly under pressure and a rigorous and structured approach to problem solving and using data to drive decisions. We’re interested in hearing from candidates with:
- Previous experience in managing a Business Intelligence function
- A minimum of five years in analytics working in the financial services sector with full knowledge of the credit cycle
- Typically, 2:1 and above in a numerical degree (Math’s, Physics, Engineering, Stats and Operations Research etc.)
- Knowledge of data warehouse development and maintenance
- Strong SAS, SQL and tableau skills
- Advanced ability to extract, manipulate and analyse data using tools such as SQL and SAS and the ability to establish reports in Tableau
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to QA check and oversee the work of analysts to minimize the risk of errors coming from your team
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical audiences and the ability to influence audiences to ensure the right outcome is reached
- Ability to coach, mentor and line-manage team members both on technical skills and on soft skills
If you feel you’re the right candidate for the role as our Head of Business Intelligence, click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!