Are you a self-motivated, data driven individual looking for a high-profile role within Risk and Analytics? Perhaps you’re at the start of your career and ready to develop your data management skills and advance your career within a growing Consumer Finance business? If yes, then this could be the role you’re looking for!
Our business is going through significant strategic change and we have a fantastic opportunity for a confident individual looking to embark on the next step in their career, to become a technical expert and interpret data and analysis, insight and business intelligence that drives business performance.
If you’re looking for great platform to advance your career and an opportunity to join a supportive team which interacts with all areas of the business, then look no further! our Risk and Analytics function are committed to developing they’re people and will support you with the technical training needed to become an expert in the field of Business Intelligence.
You will be a passionate, motivated and proactive individual, with exceptional numerical skills, a confident communicator with the drive and ambition to take ownership and responsibility for influencing change and improving business performance.
In exchange, we offer competitive salary, great training programme, good level of work-life balance, career development opportunities to help you grow and great incentives such as Pension up to 7% matching contribution; 28 days annual holiday, increasing to 31 days after 2 years’ service and 33 days after 5 years’ service, option to buy holidays, travel loans, cycle to work scheme and regular incentives and more…But more importantly you will be part of a dynamic team who genuinely believe in putting the customer at the heart of everything we do!
About the Role
As Business Intelligence Analyst you will play a crucial role in supporting operational stakeholders to drive and optimise the customer journey. Key responsibilities include:
- Work directly with all business functions to identify reporting and analytical needs in line with business priorities.
- Investigate, interpret and understand complex data and translate that into value driven insight.
- Develop interactive reports and data solutions with self-service functionality, liaising with teams to optimize solutions and answer ad-hoc queries.
- Understand the drivers of commercial success in the business, reporting on trends and provide insight into performance.
- Use data and analysis to enhance the existing business strategy and present recommendations to stakeholders.
- Contribute to the promotion of detailed data and KPI knowledge, and customer and commercial awareness across the business
We’re interested in hearing from candidates with;
- Strong A-levels including an ‘A’ at A-level Maths.
- Typically, 2:1 or above in an applied numerical degree (Physics, Engineering, Stats, Mathematics, Operations Research etc.) from a top university.
- Some experience and interest in coding (e.g. SQL, VB, SAS, Java, C++, etc.).
- Ability to clearly communicate to all levels both (internally & externally).
- Ability to clearly articulate the output of analysis and its meaning and consequences to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to pro-actively build strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to operate as a technical expert
- Ability to demonstrate a rigorous and structured approach to problem solving and use data to drive decisions
Fundamentally you will have the drive and ambition to take ownership and responsibility for improving business performance.
About Shelby Finance
Shelby Finance is a subsidiary of Morses Club PLC and encapsulates our online diversification strategy and is home to our successful brand Dot Dot loans. With some strong growth, there is no better time to join us and become part of our success!
We pride ourselves on our friendly and personal service, and we’re very proud that we consistently achieve high customer satisfaction scores of 95% or above. With future scope for career progression along with ongoing training and support, Shelby Finance Limited is the place to be to develop an exciting and rewarding career.
Sound interesting? Apply today and become part of a high performing and dynamic team!