Morses Club Card - Frequently Asked Questions
New Card Requests
- How do I contact Customer Services?
You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0333 202 3643. Customer Services are available Monday - Friday, 9am to 6pm and Saturday, 9am to 2pm (excluding public holidays). Calls are charged at your local rate.
- Where can I use my Morses Club Card?
You can use your Morses Club Card within the UK wherever you see the Visa acceptance mark, including shops, restaurants, ATMs, online and for telephone or TV shopping.
- Is my Morses Club Card like a normal bank debit or credit card?
Your CHIP and PIN card does not offer credit or an overdraft facility. If you take out an additional loan with Morses Club you can add the additional loan to your card. You can only spend the funds loaded onto the card.
- Retrieving your PIN (Personal Identification number)
Log in to your card account, go to the 'my cards' page and click the 'retrieve pin' button next to the relevant card image.
Telephone 0333 202 3643, and follow the instructions. Please have your card and account number handy.
If you would like to change your PIN to a more memorable number, this can be done easily at most ATMs that display the Visa acceptance mark.
- Activating your card
You will receive two emails which will contain:
- Email 1: Username & password
- Email 2: Card activation code
To activate your card online:
Go to our website https://cardportal.morsesclub.com/SecureLogin/login.aspx
- Log in to the customer portal using your username and password
- Select ‘My Cards’
- Where prompted enter your card number and activation code
- Follow the instructions to activate your card
Alternatively, you can call Customer Services on 0333 202 3643 to activate your card.
Activating and using your Morses Club Card
- Will my card Terms and Conditions change?
From time to time, we may make some changes to the Terms and Conditions. If we think that a change is significant we will send you an email at least 60 days before making the change, unless a more immediate change is required by law or other valid reason.
- A card transaction has been refunded why is it not showing on my account?
It can normally take three to five working days for refunds to be received onto your account. Please contact Customer Services if the refund does not appear on your account after this time.
- What address should I use when making online and telephone purchases?
Always use the address you have registered with us. You can change your address anytime on your online account, or by contacting Customer Services.
- How do my transactions get authorised?
All transactions go via Visa to us for approval. We respond with a yes or a no, depending on the available funds in your account and your account status..
- What is a pre-authorisation?
Every transaction starts with a pre-authorisation. This checks that you have funds available on your card to pay the merchant for their services. The actual transaction will come through within a few days. Until that time, the pre-authorised amount will be held on your card.
For example: if you open a tab at a restaurant, a fixed amount is pre-authorised to cover what you could spend. If your final bill is less than the pre-authorisation amount then it may take a while for the difference to be released back onto your card.
- How much can I withdraw at an ATM in a day?
£250.00, as long as you have sufficient funds available.
- Can I increase the amount I can withdraw at an ATM in a day?
No, it's fixed for all card holders.
- How can I get my balance?
You can check your balance using any of the following:
- Visit https://cardportal.morsesclub.com/SecureLogin/login.aspx, click on ‘Customer Portal’, and log in to your card account. Then click on ‘my account’
- Download the Morses Club App
- Telephone Customer Services on 0333 202 3643
- At an ATM
- Can I use my Morses Club Card to get cash from a bank counter?
No, but you can use it at an ATM.
- Can I use my Morses Club Card at an ATM?
You can use your card at any ATM that displays the Visa acceptance mark.
- How do I change my PIN?
Changing your PIN can be done easily at most ATMs that display the Visa acceptance mark by selecting the ‘Pin Services’ option on screen.
- How do I retrieve my PIN?
Log in to the online portal at https://cardportal.morsesclub.com/SecureLogin/login.aspx. Go to the ‘my cards’ page and click the retrieve pin’ button next to the relevant card image.
Telephone 0333 202 3643 and follow the instructions. Please have your card and account number handy.
- Does my Morses Club card work as soon as I get it?
No, when you receive your card you will need to activate it by following the activation instructions with the card.
About my Morses Club loan
- Can I take out another loan?
As an existing customer, you may be eligible to take out additional loans with us, subject to approval. If you would like to apply for an additional loan to be added to your card you should discuss this with your agent who will take you through your options.
- When will I start paying back my loan?
Your first repayment will be due 7 days after you have received your loan. Your repayments will then continue on a weekly basis.
Your agent will update you on the details when they come to finalise your loan, they will also give you a payment book so you can keep track of your repayments.
Try to ensure that your first repayment is on time to avoid going into arrears.
- What if I miss a payment?
You will not be charged but you should contact your agent to talk about how to avoid this in the future. If you miss payments frequently then your local branch manager will contact you to talk about your account history and work out a solution with you.
Issues using your Morses Club Card
- What do I do if my Morses Club Card doesn't work?
First, complete a few simple checks:
- Check you have sufficient funds
- Check your card is not damaged
- Check your card has not expired
- Ensure your card has not been blocked on your instruction
- Make sure you are using the correct PIN
- If you are online or on the phone, check you have entered the card number and other details correctly.
- Check that Visa is accepted as a method of payment in the place you are trying to use your card
- If it still doesn't work, contact Customer Services on 0333 202 3643
- I have blocked my PIN, what should I do?
If you block your PIN in a shop you can unblock it at an ATM machine by selecting the 'PIN Services' option. If you block your PIN at an ATM, please contact Customer Services who will unblock it for you.
- What do I do if I have forgotten my PIN?
To retrieve your PIN:
- Go to the 'my cards' page and click the 'retrieve pin' button next to the relevant card image.
- Telephone 0333 202 3643 and follow the instructions. Please have your card and account number handy.
- What happens if my card is lost or stolen?
If you lose your card or it is stolen, or you suspect that your card has been used by someone other than you, you must tell us immediately by:
- Online: go to the 'my cards' tab in your account, and click the 'lost' or 'stolen' button next to the relevant card image.
- Telephone: call us on our 24 hour lost and stolen card line 0333 202 3643.
We will cancel your card and issue you with a new card which will have the same balance. If you ask us to do so, we will investigate any disputed transaction or misuse of your card and we may need more information and assistance from you.
Please note: Until you notify us, you are responsible for any transactions made on the card.
Online Morses Club Card account information
- How do I cancel my card?
Email us from your registered email address requesting cancellation. Cut up the card and return it to us. Any funds remaining on the account can be transferred to a bank account of your choice prior to closure.
- Why does my online account show a balance and available amount?
The balance on your account is your available funds - the available balance is your balance less any "pending" transactions i.e. any payments you've made which have yet to be debited from your account. The available balance is the amount you have available to spend on your card.
- What am I charged for using my card?
There are no everyday fees or charges for using the card. Any other charges for using your card are outlined within your terms and conditions and can be found within your online card account, by clicking on 'my fees'. Your terms and conditions including your fees can be viewed by clicking on terms and conditions at the bottom of the page when you are logged into your online account.
- How do I change the details you hold for me?
On your card account, click the 'Profile' tab. From here you can change your contact details. If your name has changed, please contact Customer Services.
- How many statements are available for me to view online?
Statements are available to be viewed online for up to 48.
- Can I receive paper statements?
Yes, you can request these online, go to my account, then click Statement orders. You can also Contact Customer Services to arrange these being sent to you. Please note a small fee will be charged so see your Terms and Conditions for more details.
- Can I stop receiving statement notifications by email?
Yes - log in to your online card account, click on 'My Account', then 'Change email options' is on the left hand side of the screen. Untick the statement option and click Update. Please note you will still receive a yearly statement.
- How often will I receive statements?
You can be notified by email on a daily, weekly or monthly basis depending on your statement requirements. The email will confirm that your online statement is available to view via your online account.
- How do I change my password?
Click on ‘Profile’ the 'Change password' option is on the left hand side of the screen.
- Why are purchases showing in recent items?
The recent items screen shows all confirmed transactions since your last statement. When your next statement is generated, they will be included in that.
- What happens to pending Transactions?
The Pending Transaction will either turn into a confirmed transaction or will be removed automatically within 15 days.
- What are pending items?
These are the pre-authorisations. They will remain on your account until we get the transaction confirmation through. This usually takes no more than a couple of days. By looking at the pending items, you can review recent transactions made against your card.
- What can I do within my online account?
You can view your balance, amend your details, download your statements and see pending transactions.
- How do I make a complaint?
If you have a complaint about your Morses Club card please contact us by one of the following methods:
- Telephone: 0333 202 3643
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Card Services, Morses Club, Belmont Wharf, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 1RL
If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction within 8 weeks you may contact The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR. Telephone 0845 080 1800 or +44 (0)20 7964 1000 (from outside the UK) and email: firstname.lastname@example.org