Who else is excited about the return of Strictly?!
The show twirled back on to our screens on 23rd September and the nation has once again got out their dancing shoes. This is the 14th series of the show and it seems to be more popular than ever.
So who’s on the show this year? In case you’ve not already see the new celebrities, here’s a recap of who you can expect to see…
- Anastacia – The pop star with the powerful voice, known for her hits “I’m Outta Love” and “Left Outside Alone”
- Claudia Fragapane – Olympic gymnast fresh from her performance in Rio
- Daisy Lowe – Model and socialite, ready to swap the catwalk for the dancefloor
- Danny Mac – Actor known for playing “Dodger” in popular soap Hollyoaks
- Ed Balls – Former labour MP and journalist
- Greg Rutherford –Olympic gold-medal winning long jumper just back from the games in Rio
- Judge Rinder – Straight-talking barrister and TV star
- Laura Whitmore – TV presenter who’s worked on MTV and I’m a Celebrity among many other shows
- Lesley Joseph – Actress best known for playing Dorien in popular sitcom Birds of a Feather
- Louise Redknapp –Singer and TV presenter
- Melvin Odoom – KISS FM Radio presenter and TV host
- Naga Munchetty – BBC Breakfast TV presenter and journalist
- Ore Oduba – Sports presenter on BBC breakfast and Radio 5 Live and National Lottery Host
- Tameeka Empson – Eastenders actress and comedian
- Will Young – Singer and winner of the first ever pop idol
Who are you backing??
The BBC website has got plenty of information on the new strictly contestants as well as the dancers and the judges. There are also quizzes about past seasons, so why not test yourself and see how much you know about your dancing!
If you’re feeling inspired https://www.dancenearyou.co.uk/ might be able to show you where your nearest dance class is, so why not check it out!