Things you need to know
- There are lots of varieties of fish, so consult an expert to find out what’s best for you. Goldfish can be a good choice, but if you want lots of different types of fish then a tropical tank would be better
- The initial cost of a new tank and equipment can be expensive.
- Goldfish can live 15 years or more depending on the quality of care
- Expenses of £1.25 per week
- Average lifetime cost of £975*
Dieti & Exercise
- A small amount of flaked dry food once a day is fine for most fish
- Extra treats include: frozen brine shrimp, bloodworms, and daphnia.
- NOTE: Tropical fish food is not suitable for goldfish – they need their own variety of dried flakes
- Fish are a good match for people with busy lives.
- They don’t need exercise so are ideal for those who can’t get out and about a lot
- Very Low – Ideal for the novice pet owner
- Owning a fish is straightforward, so long as you have the right aquarium and understand how to take care of the water quality.
Author: Morses Club