What personal information do we collect about you, and when do we collect it?
In order for Morses Club to continually improve and enhance its customer service, we may from time to time use Data provided by you for quality and training purposes.
We may ask you for information to enable us to provide a service to you and we collect this information by telephone, written correspondence or via our website. We may ask you for information including your name, private/business address, contact telephone numbers, and email address. We may also ask you for other information that relates to the service you are using or applying for. For example, we may need details of your financial circumstances when processing your loan application.
We collect information about your use of our website and services (such as the amount of time you spend on our website), which we use to optimise our services and your experience with us.
- We may ask you from time to time about what use you make of the services we provide, what other services you would like us to provide in the future, and for other information, such as lifestyle data.
We collect information from visitors to our websites to help us to make improvements to the websites and to the services we make available. We know, for instance, how many visitors there are to each website, when they visited, for how long and to which areas of our website they went. We may also monitor and record our communications with you, including e-mails and phone conversations. Information which we collect may then be used for training purposes, quality assurance, to record details about the products and services you order from us, and in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations generally.
What personal information do we collect about you from other companies and organisations?
We may receive personal information about you from other companies and organisations (for example, for marketing purposes) and we rely on these third parties to obtain your consent for us to use this information. Where required, we will also ask you to confirm and accept conditions and terms associated with each of our services you use.
Credit checking and account management
- Please note that when you apply for a loan with Morses Club we may make enquiries about you for credit reference purposes. These enquiries include searching your records held by CallCredit or any other Credit Reference Agency (CRA) and checking any details held on you by the Interactive Media in retail Group (IMRG) Security alert or other Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPAs). When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a footprint on your file that may be seen by other organisations. At all times where your information is disclosed to us we may retain it and we will protect it in accordance with this policy and keep it secure. We will retain the outcome of searches we carry out with CRAs to avoid having to make repeat searches against your credit file in circumstances where we may need to carry out further credit checks in respect of additional products or services ordered by you. We will only retain this data for a reasonable period.
- If you call us to discuss your loan account(s) we will carry out checks to verify your identity. We do this to help protect you from identity theft and fraud, and also to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage your account with us.
- Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. We may also give them details of your accounts including how you manage any payments you make to us, your account balances, and any payment defaults [We may also give them historical information we hold about your payment history with us.] If you do not make your repayments on time, CRAs will record this information and it may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe to them as well as us.
How to find out more
You can contact the CRAs currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee.
- Callcredit, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414 or log on to; www.callcredit.co.uk
- Equifax PLC, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box1140, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0844 3350550 or log on to; www.equifax.co.uk
- Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 4818000 or log on to; www.experian.co.uk
Do we share your personal information with anyone else?
As a normal part of our business we may share your details with other carefully selected partner companies to help provide you with your loan. To enable them to do this, we may need to share your personal information with them. When we do so, these companies are required to act in accordance with the instructions we give them and they must meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act to keep the information secure.
We may share your personal information to disclose information about you with our nominated Market Research Company in order to carry out Market Research.
If your loan account with us falls into arrears we may pass your details to other Collection Agencies.
We may share your personal information with other companies so that they can contact you with details of other products or services you may be interested in. We will only do this if you have agreed to this and where the companies agree to use your personal information for that purpose only. If you have agreed to receive information about products and services from another company and later decide not to you will need to contact that company yourself to let them know. You can of course ask us not to continue to provide your personal information to any more companies in future.
In addition we may disclose your personal details to our auditors, solicitors, professional advisors, sub-contractors or any person providing services to Morses Club Ltd and, who have agreed to treat your personal details as confidential.
We may provide information, in response to properly made requests, for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime, and the apprehension or prosecution of offenders. We may also provide information for the purpose of safeguarding national security. In either case we do so in accordance with the Data Protection Act. We also provide information when required to do so by law, for example under a court order, or in response to properly made demands, under powers contained in legislation or regulation.
If there is a change (or prospective change) in the ownership of Morses Club Limited or any of its assets, we may disclose personal information to the new (or prospective) owner. If we do so, we will require them to keep it confidential.
For how long does Morses Club keep personal information?
The time period for which we keep information varies according to what the information is used for. We comply with all legal requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the information, we will retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
How can I find out what personal information Morses Club holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act, you are entitled to see personal information we may hold on you.
This may include (but is not limited to):
- Copy of your Loan Agreement
- Your Loan Application Form (S33)
- Your payment history with us
- Statement of Account
- Customer Notes
- Any charges applied to your account
If you would like us to provide copies, you must put your request in writing, enclosing a cheque for £10 made payable to Morses Club Ltd and send to Morses Club, Customer Services Team, Kingston House, Centre 27 Business Park, Woodhead Road, Birstall, Batley, WF17 9TD.
In addition, you are entitled to the following information under the Consumer Credit Act:
- A copy of your current or active Loan Agreement(s)
- A copy of your Statement of Account for your current or active Loan Agreement(s)
We are entitled to make a nominal charge of £1 to process this information under the Consumer Credit Act.
If you would like us to provide copies, you must put your request in writing, enclosing a cheque for £1 made payable to Morses Club Ltd and send to Morses Club, Customer Services Team, Kingston House, Centre 27 Business Park, Woodhead Road, Birstall, Batley, WF17 9TD.
You will also need to provide the following information so that we can process your request:
- The relevant account number/s
- The relevant telephone number/s
- The relevant address/s
If you have any information such as reference numbers, dates and times of contact then please include them in your request.
(Morses Club does record some calls for Quality and Training purposes, however, not all calls are recorded. Calls are only held for a short period of time. If you want a call recording it is essential that you provide the information requested above, otherwise we will not be able to proceed with your request).
Once we have all the relevant information we will process your request within the 40 day time limit allowed under the terms of The Data Protection Act.
How can I change the personal information Morses Club holds about me?
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will make the necessary amendments and confirm that these have been made.
How can I manage Morses Club's contact with me for marketing purposes?
You may choose not to receive marketing information from Morses Club and, if you are already receiving such information from us, you can ask us to stop at any time. If you would like Morses Club not to call or mail you with details of products, services and special offers, please Contact us.
How do we protect your personal information?
We are serious about guarding the security of your personal information and the details of any transactions or applications made. We take appropriate organisational and technical security measures to protect your data against unauthorised disclosure or processing. We use a secure server to store the information you give us when you register or make an order (including your credit card details and your password). Any personal data you send us on-line is securely encrypted.